[coreboot] VIA Epia-MII stuff

Patrick Georgi patrick.georgi at coresystems.de
Fri Apr 3 12:57:29 CEST 2009

Am 03.04.2009 12:50, schrieb Peter Stuge:
> The exact way the five or ten different SIZE options in v2 interact
> is still a mystery to me after many years of occasional tweaking.
> It's horrible.

A romfs capable target can hide most of the SIZE options from the user.
That one is easy to do and can be done for every single target.
In another step, after all targets are romfs, it could be fixed properly
so that only one SIZE option remains: total image size. That one is more
complex, but worth it in my opinion.

But there's still some small romfs patch pending, that I want to clean
up and post soonish.
After that, targets could be moved to romfs, and I'll try to post some
guidelines for that when the infrastructure work is done.

Regards,
Patrick