[coreboot] J7F2: larger bios chip?

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:26:17 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 12:04 PM, maarten van es
<maarten.h.van.es at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have just started to try out coreboot, and so far it works great in
> qemu. My real target however is the jetway J7F2. I would like a larger
> bios chip than the standard 512 kB on this board. Does anyone have
> some suggestions on compatible bios chips? Also, pointers to places to
> order such a chip (and a plcc remover tool) would be appreciated. I am
> in Dublin, so a place in Ireland or the UK would be great.
>
> Regards
> Maarten

Hey Maarten,
Can you provide more information about the flash chip? Manufacturer and part
number would help a lot so we can look up a datasheet. The most important
things to know before going any further (imho) are interface (LPC/FWH/SPI)
and voltage.

Also, try picking from the list of chips Flashrom supports:
http://www.coreboot.org/Flashrom#Supported_devices .