[coreboot] cross build tools

Leandro Dorileo ldorileo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:00:18 CEST 2009

Hi Jason

If you are using Debian, build your cross compilation tool set should
be as simple as:

$ apt-get source binutils gcc-4.3

$ sudo apt-get build-dep binutils

$ sudo apt-get install dpkg-cross

$ sudo apt-get build-dep gcc-4.3

$ cd binutils-2.19.1

$ TARGET=i386-elf fakeroot debian/rules binary-cross

$ cd ..

$ sudo dpkg -i binutils-i386-elf_2.19.1-1_i386.deb

$ cd ../gcc-4.3-4.3.3

$ export GCC_TARGET=i386-elf

$ ./debian/rules control

$ dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot -d

PS: I hope I`ve not forgotten anything ;-)
PSI: Building/installing the packages with/for apt makes your life
easier while removing updating and so on.

--
(°=   Leandro Dorileo
//\    ldorileo at gmail.com   -   http://www.dorilex.net