[coreboot] way for Seabios to load option rom

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:11:27 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Jason Wang <wangqingpei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>      Is there a way for seabios to load an option rom from coreboot?
> or is there any other payload can do that?

Here's an answer I found in the list archives:

------ snip -------

If you have a built-in VGA device that requires an option rom from
flash, then you also need to set something like:

#define OPTIONROM_BDF_1 pci_to_bdf(0x01, 0x00, 0)
#define OPTIONROM_MEM_1 0xfffc0000

in src/config.h.  Adjust the BDA and memory location to correspond to
the rom location and the Bus/Dev/Fn for the vga card as reported by
lspci (eg, the above would correspond with "01:00.0" with the option
rom at the start of a 256KiB flash).

-Kevin

Thanks,
Myles