[coreboot] SeaBIOS HAVE_HIGH_TABLES

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Tue Apr 14 14:13:35 CEST 2009

Hello,
I was just checking out the SeaBIOS Wiki page updates (great job by the
way:-)). I am wondering about the HAVE_HIGH_TABLES section. It seems so say
to statically add you memory size (uint64_t high_tables_base = (
<memorysize> )*1024*1024 - (64*1024);  where <memorysize> is the amount of
memory (in MiB) available on the target machine). This would not be good if
you want to change memory sizes, you would have to rebuild every time, or
am I reading it wrong? Why not pass a TOM variable from raminit.c or
northbridge.c or something like that?

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org