[coreboot] v2/src romfs->cbfs rename

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:46:08 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 4:03 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <
c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> On 14.04.2009 03:29, Richard Smith wrote:
> > Peter Stuge wrote:
> >>
> >> No sir. I have neither procedure nor CPU power for abuild. :\
> >>
> >> By the time I would have managed to run abuild once, the server would
> >> probably have run abuild thrice, including the two potential rounds
> >> of fixes.
> >
> > Something I've always wondered about is why is abuild only in response
> > to a svn commit?  I think it would be quite handy if you had something
> > like abuild-v[23]@coreboot.org and any patch you send as an attachment
> > to it pulls a copy of the tree applies the patch and then runs abuild
> > on the tree and then emails back the results.
>
> Security reasons? What's stopping anyone from mailing a patch which
> starts a shell on the abuild server which listens on port 12345 or
> similar fun?

I'm not understanding how that could happen, unless they sent a patch
against abuild itself, and that could be easily rectified by running patch
as another user, and having abuild owned by e.g. root and marked as rx for
others. That would kill the ability to have patches against abuild tested by
abuild, but those are so rare I don't think it'd be a big issue. I'm
considering setting up something like this, my Q6600 with 6GB of ram runs
idle most of the day, I'm just dreading setting up a mail system on it to
send out the results.

-Corey