[coreboot] CBFS breaks relative payload paths

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 00:33:51 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Without CBFS a payload path like
>
> payload ../../bios.vx855.090330.bin.elf
>
> works.  This is nice because I don't lose my binaries everytime I blow away
> the work directory and keeps them in a location where copying (or
> tarballing) the trees around keeps the images with them.
>
> If you try to build with CBFS then this fails.  Looks like the cbfstool runs
> in a directory that is one level above from 'image'.

It is. It's a fundamental change. I don't know an easy way to fix it.

But my payload path of ../payload.elf works ok anyway.

> Seems reasonable to me that the build should copy the working files into the
> image directory and work with them from there.

Depends on what you mean by image directory. Do you mean normal/ or do
you mean the top level build directory? It used to be that the payload
was attached to, e.g., normal/coreboot.strip. no longer. It's now
attached to coreboot.rom. Relative paths continue to work -- but they
are going to be one less .. from before, because the cbfs utility is
run one level higher.

Anyway, if you have a patch to improve this, it might be good to see.

Thanks!

ron