[coreboot] CBFS fix?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Apr 25 00:42:56 CEST 2009

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > Why do I have the feeling that every mistake we made with LAR is
> > repeated with CBFS?
>
> You keep praying this like a mantra.

Stefan, I think that is poor choice of words. Even in disagreements,
anything less than remaining courteous is unacceptable!

Please watch Numb3rs s04e16 titled Atomic No. 33.

> What's your point, Carl-Daniel?

Fair question, although to me the answer is clear; Carl-Daniel's
point is that several problems that were solved since the invention
of LAR are now showing up also in CBFS, and that this is a waste of
time. It would of course be better if all known problems could be
addressed once and for all.

In practice, one way of ensuring that would be to not re-invent the
wheel (CBFS) but rather improve the wheel there is (LAR).

Personally I don't think it's such a big deal if the wheel is
re-invented, because the new one isn't bad, and it seems to make a
lot of people happy. \o/

Both of you : Chill. It's Friday evening. Do something you enjoy more
than writing email. (I'm sure there is _something_. ;)

//Peter