[coreboot] EHCI Debug Port questions

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Apr 25 14:21:32 CEST 2009

Hi, Greg,

On 25.04.2009 7:49 Uhr, Gregg Levine wrote:
> Hello!
> Besides the web pages discussing what works and what does not, sorry
> to state that my current Linux box doesn't wear an ECHCI style USB
> port, is there anything else to report here?

Whenever you have a serial port available, it's easier to use that one.
You can, however, get a PCI plugin card with EHCI + Debug Port
capabilities. Not sure which vendors/cards will work, though.
It must be a pretty old box if it has no EHCI?
> For example I just visited the site that discusses the Debug device,
> and their favorite supplier (and builder of same) are still selling
> them. I might even actually buy one of them next month, or for the
> following one.

Right now, only a few chipsets really support the USB debug device in
coreboot.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613