[coreboot] unexpected exception errors loading vga rom

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Mon Apr 27 09:55:49 CEST 2009

Well, I have confirmed the problem. Looks there is something crazy about
how the ethernet and modem (even though the IP1000 doesn't actually have a
modem) are setup. If I disable the ICH4 ethernet and enable the AC97 ICH4
modem, sure as shit it boots up everytime (VGA too) and all IRQS look
great. If I enable both of them EVERYTHING gets IRQ 0, and I have issues.
If I enable ethernet and disable the modem (this is the way it should be)
EVERYTHING gets IRQ 0, and I have issues.....

Anyone seen this kind of thing before? I have no idea how to fix this
one....

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org