[coreboot] LZMA support in SeaBIOS

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Apr 28 04:00:56 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 08:11:22AM +0200, Patrick Georgi wrote:
> Am 27.04.2009 08:07, schrieb Kevin O'Connor:
>> I have a proposal for adding compressed option roms. Right now,
>> option roms are stored as "pciVVVV,DDDD.rom".  Instead, regular
>> uncompressed option roms could be stored as "rom/pciVVVV,DDDD" and
>> lzma compressed roms could be stored as "rom/pciVVVV,DDDD.lzma".
> We already have a cbfs_optionrom header in cbfs.h, which contains a
> compression field. It's just not hooked up yet.
> For consistency, I'd rather use that.

Hi Patrick,

I'm not convinced that cbfs_optionrom is the right path.  I envision
storing splash screens, config files, and disk images in addition to
option roms.  I don't want to add cbfs support for each new file.

In any case, a simple filename test is only a few lines of code, so I
added it to SeaBIOS.  It can be changed if it needs to.

Latest SeaBIOS git will take either an uncompressed rom (eg,
"pci1013,00b8.rom") or an lzma compressed rom (eg,