[coreboot] Newbie source commit question II

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Apr 28 15:26:46 CEST 2009

Hi Vincent,

let me explain a few things about our revision control usage:

We use centralized subversion, so you have to get an account from Stefan
before you can commit. I have added Stefan to this message. (Usually,
developers can apply for an account after they have submitted a few
patches and the patches were accepted. Only very few developers on this
list have accounts with commit permissions.)
Everything you commit will directly appear in the public tree and you
can't change the commit message later. So if you want to send a patch
for review, do _not_ commit it, but run svn diff. The output of svn diff
can be mailed to the list for review. After you get an Acked-by from
someone on the list, you can commit.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel