[coreboot] seabios and serengeti cheetah

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Aug 5 00:35:53 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 09:47:43PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> anybody tried to boot an iso on secondary master on serengeti? I get
> this error 0003 when it fails.

Hi Ron,

Can you post the log?  I know simnow had a weird error with its
emulation of cdroms - though I think I read that it was fixed in a
later version.

> one thing that seabios could do when everything has failed and we've
> given up is drop is into a menu or even the chance to change something
> and try again, without a reset cycle. Just a thought. Only matters on
> simulators I guess.

You should be able to press ctrl+alt+delete to just restart seabios.
It's also possible to add a "recovery" payload to the flash, and then
make it the last thing seabios tries to boot.

-Kevin