[coreboot] Problem jumping to Boot Loader

Patrick Georgi patrick.georgi at coresystems.de
Fri Aug 7 12:22:36 CEST 2009

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:53:52 -0400, "Jeffrey C. Jacobs"
<jacobs at itd.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
> There follows a series of probes of memory addresses which are mostly
> uneventful.  The exception is a failure to access the bridge at 01:09.00:
>
> Misconfigured bridge at 01:09.00 skipped.
>
> It seems to reprint this each time it tries to scan that memory area.
> I'm not sure what this represents, but I guess it's okay to ignore for
> the time being.
This means that there is some bridge that claims is new client bus has the
bus id 0. That leads to an endless loop (as any bridge is a child of bus 0
directly or indirectly)

> Detected floating bus
This indicates that you're using the "old" IDE driver. You could also try
CONFIG_IDE_NEW_DISK, which is another IDE driver that sometimes helps and
sometimes doesn't. It's worth a try.

Regards,
Patrick