[coreboot] Need new type for CBFS

Thomas Jourdan tjourdan at neuf.fr
Mon Aug 10 00:02:46 CEST 2009

Hi guys

Thanks for those clarifications. When I read the cbfs documentation, I
understood that for custom types, NULL was the correct type to use. The
documentation isn't really clear on this :

"There is a 4th component type ,defined as NULL (0xFFFFFFFF). This is
the "don't care" component type. This can be used when the component
type is not necessary (such as when the name of the component is unique.
i.e. option_table). It is recommended that all components be assigned a
unique type, but NULL can be used when the type does not matter."

I thought that the type parameter you enter when adding a component in
the cbfs file shall be one of the predefined string. I didn't know that
it could be any integer number (except the predefined ones).

Indeed, it works a lot better when I use a custom type.

Regards,
Thomas