[coreboot] mkelfimage with CBFS?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 00:13:37 CEST 2009

Well, I think I see your problem. Check this out:

ENTRY(startup_32)
        /* test KEEP_SEGMENTS flag to see if the bootloader is asking
                us to not reload segments */
        testb $(1<<6), BP_loadflags(%esi)
        jnz 2f

/*
 * Set segments to known values.
 */
        lgdt pa(boot_gdt_descr)
        movl $(__BOOT_DS),%eax
        movl %eax,%ds
        movl %eax,%es
        movl %eax,%fs
        movl %eax,%gs
2:

So things have changed a bit since the last time I did this type of thing.

It's expecting esi to point somewhere sensible (is it?) and it's
expecting that somewhere to have resonable boot flags.

Now IIRC this kernel loads fine with Filo. Probably time to look and
make sure you are doing what FILO does.

ron