[coreboot] [patch] Trying to add Kconfig support for M57SLI - build error

Cristi Magherusan Cristi.Magherusan at net.utcluj.ro
Fri Aug 21 18:17:04 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 14:40 +0200, Harald Gutmann wrote:
> On Friday 21 August 2009 14:20:56 Cristi Magherusan wrote:
> > >
> > > The tree itself has no changes in source.
> > > I just added a few Kconfig and Makefile.inc files.
> > >
> > > I think it's not necessary to post the patch right now, the .config
> > > should be enough to track that down, or is a full diff against svn
> > > needed?
> > >
> > > The .config which is generated by Kconfig is attached.
> >
> > I think the problem is caused by your socket AM2 CPU, which is missing
> > from Kbuild.
> Thanks for that hint, there have been some errors in that files, but your patch
> doesn't solve the problem.
>

> > The attached patch may help.
> Good point, but doesn't solve it.

I've seen you had already implemented what I sent, and my patch was
wrong (just copy/pasted from socket F), sorry for this.
Your big patch is ok to help us replicate your work, but can't be
committed as a whole, which is what we should have as a purpose.

So let's stop reinventing the wheel for each new board, and make smaller
patches that add a single piece of functionality which can be commented
on, fixed and committed to the tree.

For example the attached patch adds support for AM2 CPUs (I fixed the
0x11 issue).

There's still a debatable issue remaining, which is the inclusion of the
src/cpu/amd/model_fxx/Kconfig file.

Is it fine if it's done like in here? Adding it to all the CPU sockets
that may need it causes errors due to double inclusions.

Thanks,
Cristi

The patch is
Signed-off by: Cristi Magherusan <cristi.magherusan at net.utcluj.ro>