[coreboot] vga not working

Arnaud Maye arnaud.maye at 4dsp.com
Fri Aug 21 21:11:29 CEST 2009

Myles Watson wrote:
>>> OK.  I think we're going to get there.  It looks like your driver
>>>
>> doesn't
>>
>>> get registered for the device because the PCI IDs don't match.

>>> PCI: 00:02.0 subordinate bus PCI Express
>>> PCI: 00:02.0 [8086/5024] enabled
>>> PCI: 00:03.0 subordinate bus PCI Express
>>> PCI: 00:03.0 [8086/5025] enabled
>>>
>>> Those IDs match the EP80579 defines in /src/include/device/pci_ids.h,
>>>
>> but
>>
>>> there is no driver defined which uses that ID.
>>>
>>> Copy the drivers in /src/northbridge/intel/i3100/pciexp_porta.c, rename
>>> them, and have them use the correct PCI IDs.  That should make your
>>> functions get called.
>>>

>> Thanks, I am going to try that as soon I reach the office on Monday. I
>> will keep you updated.
>>
> Thanks.
>

>> Would it make sense to create an ep80579 folder for both the north and
>> south bridges? That
>> way we would avoid having things like ep80579_raminit.c and raminit.c in
>> the i3100 folder.
>> src/northbridge/intel/ep80579/ and src/southbridge/ep80579
>>

> I don't know.  How much code would get duplicated?  If they're very similar
> it might not be worth it.  I realize it causes confusion, though.

I guess, we will decide that later on, I would love to get VGA working
even if the files remain in the
i3100 folder.

Let's see that next week. I have an important amount of code to write
for a few other projects over the
week-end.

Talk you you next week, enjoy your free time this we if you have any.

Thanks Myles and Ron for all your time spent around this with me, this
is well appreciated and invaluable.