[coreboot] Converting epia-n build to SeaBIOS

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sun Aug 23 16:10:37 CEST 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 09:10:17AM +0200, Patrick Georgi wrote:
> Sorry I chime in so late. Do you need the hardware irq support to
> prevent losing events? If so, the USB stack takes care of it:
> The keyboard driver prepares a schedule of configurable length in
> advance. By default, it's setup that this schedule is able to survive at
> least 200 msecs, and that could be increased, so we won't need the
> ~1msec resolution. And even if not, the USB HID only sends data every
> 10msec, if I remember correctly.

The main thing would be to not lose events.  If it can buffer enough
events then this wouldn't be a problem.  Does OHCI have the same
ability to queue events?

The secondary thing is keyboard repeat.  As I understand it the repeat
has to be implemented in software.  The software needs to know roughly
when the key is pressed and released in order to implement the repeat
accurately.

-Kevin