[coreboot] socket 940 Kconfig

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:54:15 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Myles Watson<mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Move common files from socket_F,
> socket_AM2, and socket_940 into model_fxx.

This may be good for this model and set of sockets but may be a
problem in general. If some future socket includes both model_fxx, AND
includes some other model, is there any problem that may occur if the
subdirs-y for some directories are executed twice?

Remember, you are not only setting up sockets/models for one part of
one cpu family, you are setting up a pattern which others will follow.
Be very careful about that!

If there is no problem, I guess this change is ok. I'm not that
comfortable with it, however.

ron