[coreboot] Seabios/Coreboot USB Keyboard support

Arnaud Maye arnaud.maye at 4dsp.com
Thu Aug 27 09:59:31 CEST 2009

Hello Kevin,

I am right now working around enabling the sio controller on the truxton
(SMSC SCH5027D) so I can try
to install windows in fact, "Press any key to boot from CDROM".

The main board we are designing do not have any superio controllers so
usb kbd/mouse is something we will need
to implement here. However, I will take the easy way, a SMI handler. I
am waiting another document from the Intel
dudes providing some guidelines about this specific usb keyboard support
via SMI. This is going to be very HW
specific unfortunately.

It took 8 weeks to receive the last document we have requested. So I
guess I will be asked to place the project on
the side until we get the document. We should receive our first hardware
prototype somewhere late October this
year.

Am going to send patches to the list as soon the superio controller is
supported as this is going to be end of our first
engineering milestone.

Thank you,

Arnaud

Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 03:32:15PM +0200, Arnaud Maye wrote:
>
>> Hello Gents,
>>
>> Just wanted to know if the the development moved since December 2008
>> around this. To proceed with something
>> as simple as installing windows from CD one need to react about "Press
>> any key to boot from cdrom".
>>

> There has been nothing implemented yet.
>
> I do believe that supporting USB keyboards is a requirement.  It's
> still a work in progress though.
>
> -Kevin

*
*