[coreboot] [COREBOOT] : Can I hope to have Coreboot on a mininote 2133 ?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Aug 30 02:08:33 CEST 2009

On 29.08.2009 14:20, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Cirdec AREVIR wrote:
>
>> I get a HP Mininote with VIA C7 processor to try to free the bios
>> with Coreboot.
>>
> [...] ITE IT8512.
> [...] SST25VF080B.
>
> Your version of flashrom is very old, get the latest and I think it
> will work on the system.

Most likely the flash chip is behind the IT8512 EC (embedded
controller). In that case, even current flashrom will not work because
you need a flashrom driver for the IT8512. Some of us have access to the
docs of that EC, but the EC is highly configurable and the exact
flashing routine depends on the firmware running on the EC. If you're
unlucky, even probing for the EC won't work because the probe sequence,
address and response are completely configurable as well.
So if it works, you're very lucky, but the chance is pretty small.

flashrom related discussions are welcome on the flashrom at flashrom.org
list, subscription happens here:

Regards,
Carl-Daniel