[coreboot] Coreboot fails to initialize on ASUS A8V-E SE

Jonathan Rogers jonathanrrogers at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 22:38:49 CET 2009

I just built coreboot from SVN using the kconfig system for my ASUS
A8V-E SE. However, I never get anything after the "now booting...
fallback" message on the serial port. Also, the hard drive activity
light stays on solid.

I had coreboot working fine on this exact board over a year ago. Then,
I had to use the manual build method. Back then, even when the video
card didn't initialize, I got a lot more output on the serial port.

What should I try next? Do I still need to use the manual build method
for this board?
--
Jonathan Rogers