[coreboot] Serial Debugging.

David Houston root at crankyadmin.net
Sun Dec 6 00:09:04 CET 2009

> Which board are you working with?

Sun Workstation 20 Ultra M2, Board has a header (9 pin) which I have
attached my IDC serial header to.

You can connect that to a laptop or other modern PC without a serial

port, in order to get a serial port which applications can use

However, that USB thing is only useful on the host system, where you

do development, compiling, save logs, and so on. It is not useful on

the target side. There you must have an onboard serial port.

My development board EVGA nforce 6 based board with no onboard serial.
A  cross-over serial cable, is that the same of different to a null modem
cable.

Many thanks again

Dave
root at crankyadmin.net