[coreboot] coreboot Digest, Vol 48, Issue 13

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 15:25:29 CET 2009

s4882 isn't supported in buildrom.  It would be very easy to add that
support.

There are several Tyan boards which are supported.  All of them are Opteron
boards.  You select the board under platform in menuconfig.

> s4882[...]
> >
> > It should still work.  Here's what I did.
> >
> > cd coreboot/svn/targets

> > That should work.  Let me know.  Exact error messages and what you type
> will
> > help us help you.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Myles
>
> Great!  It appeared to work, but I am unsure if I will test it today or
> in few/one day(s) after
> I upgrade with slamd64-12.2-dvd.iso (downloading.)

I'm glad it worked for you.

> So, how hard is it to build coreboot for unsupported boards?  I have 15
> - 20 boards around, incl. a few working (mostly '90s:) perhaps I should
> try others if I wait for my OS download....

Porting coreboot to a new board can be very difficult or relatively easy.

Here's a helpful link.  If your CPU, Northbridge, Southbridge, and SuperIO
are supported it should be fairly easy.  Otherwise you'll need docs for
them.  Also check out the developers links on coreboot.org.

http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Chipsets_and_Devices

Thanks,
Myles