[coreboot] VIA pc2500e for a start ?

Bandan Das bandan.das at stratus.com
Wed Feb 4 17:34:35 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

I have been playing around with coreboot on qemu for a while. I am on
the lookout for a cheap development board to try coreboot on some real
hardware and stumbled upon the VIA pc2500e mainboard
(http://www.via.com.tw/en/initiatives/empowered/pc2500_mainboard/index.jsp).

It has initial support with coreboot -v2 and I can find some cheap ones
for sale on ebay. Is this a good board to start hacking with ? Can
someone suggest some other sources to check out evaluation boards ? I
also saw clubit.com mentioned in a lot of posts, but that site seems to
exist no more.

Thanks,
Bandan

--