[coreboot] FW: Two test result(linux+2G-RAM>10minutes andinstall ubuntu8.10) of vx800 patch

JasonZhao at viatech.com.cn JasonZhao at viatech.com.cn
Fri Feb 6 02:43:35 CET 2009

-jasonzhao

Bari.
> > 1 The root cause is:
> > 1) The free memory I report to coreboot through ram_resource is [0,
> > 1983M=2G-64M(Framebuffer)-1M(TOP 1M SM Memory)].  If I report [0,
> > 1984M=2G-64M(Framebuffer)], then all is OK.
>
> Is "SM Memory" the memory used by System Management Mode?  Shouldn't
I think it is. (I do not use System Management Mode in my
vx800/coreboot-v2)

> this memory be cached anyway?
I ask my colleague who work for EFI. He said in his EFI project, SMM
area should not be cached,  and he had tried to cache that area, but
cause system crashed.
I don't	know if he is right, since I can not find any reason why SMM
area should not be cached.