[coreboot] Gigabyte M57SLI-S4 PCI-Initialisation Problems

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Sat Feb 7 16:52:31 CET 2009

Subject: Gigabyte M57SLI-S4 PCI-Initialisation Problems
Date: Saturday 07 February 2009
From: Harald Gutmann <harald.gutmann at gmx.net>
To: echelon at free.fr

Hello Florentin,

some times ago you figured out how to get some PCI ports on the Gigabyte M57SLI
board initialized. One Port worked with your patch as it should and gets
interrupts, but the other one doesn't. Also there are until now some problems
existing with the PCI-E ports.

As time passed by there is until now no solution for the second PCI port and
for the PCI-E interrupt problems.
After finishing my school, and finding some good job i've more time to work with
things i'm interested, such as coreboot.

For the following i refer on your post from October 2007 on the LinuxBios
Mailinglist: http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-
October/025442.html

My questions to that posting:
*1) Is it necessary/useful to measure somethings on the PCI-bus with an
oscilloscope?
*4) Do you have the source for that simple custom utility you wrote that time
to dump the SYSCTRL_REG which you mention in *3)?

I and some other coreboot users are interested in trying to fix that issues
with coreboot on this mainboard, and i hope you can help us a bit.

Tanks in advance,
kind regards,
Harald Gutmann