[coreboot] flashrom: Can't mmap memory

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Feb 9 17:09:47 CET 2009

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> The sc520 rom area is never probed "first".. It's only probed when
> an sc520 is detected.

Thanks for clarifying Stefan!

flashrom runs chipset enables, then board enables, then finally
probes for flash chips.

The SC520 chipset enable sets flashbase according to hardware
configuration and the chip probes then use that base.

Only the first flash chip base is honored for SC520. For subsequent
probes (after the first found chip) flashrom will again look at top
of 4GB. I don't care too much. Multichip is already a corner case.

For non-SC520 flashrom now consistently looks at top of 4GB.

All this multi chip and moving base stuff is a total hack in flashrom
as it stands. I think that's fine for now.

//Peter