[coreboot] CONFIG_ about which messages to compile in

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Feb 10 22:43:40 CET 2009

On 10.02.2009 17:46 Uhr, Peter Stuge wrote:
> ron minnich wrote:
>
>> You have to rewrite all the printk functions to be macros again.
>> It's a bit more work than changing one setting.
>>

> But it shouldn't be too bad, right?
>
> Just one printk function should need changing, and only at the
> definition.
>
> I'm also looking forward to seeing this. :)

What would it be good for? Does it safe a considerable amount of space?
How much?

I think the binaries should always contain _all_ debug messages so if a
user gets a binary from somewhere she always has the chance to see the
full debug output, no matter what the default is.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613