[coreboot] coreboot on s4882?

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:19:26 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:31 AM, David Melik <dchmelik at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I tried minicom on ttyS0 and lp0 (then with options I thought would
>> > output more somewhere.)  It should be lp0, but maybe with a symlink to
>> > it--so far there was no output.
>>
>> It's important to get it working.  It would be a good idea to hook a
>> different computer up until you figure out how to get output from a serial
>> console.  Once you have that working it will be much easier to debug.
>
> Now I only have 1 other GNU/Linux system besides the s4882, and I do not see
> why just trying a different one will help.

The point was that it's very strange for nothing to be coming out on
the serial port.  The only reasons I see for that are a BIOS image
that is corrupted (did it verify?) or doesn't match the board, or a
serial port misconfiguration.  I was trying to help you narrow that
down.  Unfortunately it can be difficult to debug someone else's BIOS
when the only console is email :)

Thanks,
Myles