[coreboot] slow load times

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Thu Feb 19 02:04:14 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 09:43:04AM -0700, Myles Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:16 PM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:
> > On reboots, the VGA rom isn't being reset - this will be a problem.  I
> > recommend having SeaBIOS do the rom copying - modify SeaBIOS' config.h
> > and set:
> >
> > #define CONFIG_OPTIONROMS_DEPLOYED 0
>
> I've done that.  SeaBIOS doesn't find my SATA card because it's
> plugged into a slot that's not reachable from bus 0.  Have you thought
> about multiple root buses?

I programmed the SeaBIOS PCI code based on the suggestions I received
by other coreboot developers.  It scans at least bus 0, and it also
extends its search should it find any bridge or cardbus devices.  It
was my understanding that coreboot, filo, and libpayload were doing
something similar.

The current code is in src/pci.h in the foreachpci macro and in
src/pci.c in the pci_next() function.  If there is a better way to
scan, please let me know.

> I've attached the latest log. I reset it and it looks like it
> reinitializes the VGA, copies the tables correctly, etc.

So, is it working now?

-Kevin