[coreboot] Plugin support

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 18:04:37 CET 2009

I implemented the *_PLUGIN_SUPPORT config options for v3.  I thought
it was simple since I was just enabling the defines already in the
code.  In retrospect I may have implemented them backward.

The space in the ROM consumed by PLUGIN_SUPPORT is very small if you
already have support for that bus.  If you don't have support for the
bus it could be significant.  I wanted to make it so that e.g.
HYPERTRANSPORT_PLUGIN_SUPPORT was the default if you had
HYPERTRANSPORT_SUPPORT.  I'd also like people to be able to select
CARDBUS_PLUGIN_SUPPORT or NO_CARDBUS_PLUGIN_SUPPORT.

Maybe we could get rid of the *PLUGIN_SUPPORT options all together and
just allow the developer to select CARDBUS_SUPPORT or
REMOVE_CARDBUS_SUPPORT directly?  We don't want people to deselect
HYPERTRANSPORT_SUPPORT when they have an Opteron, though.

Could I get some feedback on what people want?  It's very low on my
priority list, but I'm willing to take ownership since I put it there.

Thanks,
Myles