[coreboot] Spam via Trac

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Feb 24 16:21:31 CET 2009

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> Trac seems to become a significant spam problem on the otherwise
> completely spam-free mailing list. Should we consider requiring
> accounts for trac as we do for the wiki?

Very few people are using Trac unfortunately. I generally dislike web
applications, strongly, but Trac can be quite useful. I wish more
were using it.

It would be sad to have to close it to registered users only, but
maybe it's the only solution? It's not totally uncommon with other
bug trackers.

Would an email confirm be enough to create a new user?

And could the email account somehow be coalesced with the from-svn
account when the user turns into a developer?

//Peter