[coreboot] RFC: a "forge" for our various subprojects

Patrick Georgi patrick.georgi at coresystems.de
Wed Feb 25 14:52:29 CET 2009

Hi all,

I installed an instance of Indefero (www.indefero.net), a *forge or
googlecode alike, with most of our projects at
http://www.coresystems.de/~patrick/indefero/.
It's a purely experimental setup, but I'd like some feedback on what's good
and what isn't, for our use.

The reasons for this experiment are:
 - lack of acceptance of our trac install
 - imho better usability than trac
 - a more formalized notion of "projects", with
   issue tracker, code browser, download area,
   documentation, developers.
 - out of the box support for svn and git, with
   hg around the corner and support for multiple
   SCMs in the design.

If you miss a project in the list, tell me, we can (probably) add it.
Libpayload unfortunately doesn't have its own repository, which seems to be
a requirement for svn-based projects - hence "probably". The developer of
the software seems to be quite responsive to requests and bug reports, so
it might be possible to overcome such problems.

I'm open to any result (use it, don't use it, wait until scenario $x is
better supported, ...), but if it is decided that we want to use this tool,
we could put it at a subdomain (code.coreboot.org or whatever), either with
the data migrated or a fresh start (depends on how much test "junk" ends up
in the database).

Regards,
Patrick Georgi