[coreboot] issues with seabios on the m2a-vm

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Thu Feb 26 19:53:04 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 09:06:01PM -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 05:13:12PM -0500, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:41:17PM -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > > The IRQs are probably messed up because the bios tables aren't being
> > > copied.  Please apply the patch below to coreboot (after adjusting the
> > > memory size for your machine).
> > The patch you sent assumed one GB of ram, right? I reduced the amount of ram
> > in the system to 1GB.
>
> Oh, you don't need to reduce memory.  Ideally, one would change the
> value in tables.c to reflect the top of memory for the machine, but
> even that isn't strictly necessary.

Right, it was just easier this way.

> >The patch does not appear to help.
>
> The patch didn't take:

Yeah, I don't know what I did - but I sure didn't patch the right tree.

Here are logs where the patch *did* get applied.

With menu enabled:

  http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/m2a-vm/m2a-vm-menu-with-cb-and-seabios-patch.cap

With menu disabled:

  http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/m2a-vm/m2a-vm-no-menu-with-cb-and-seabios-patch.cap

> Okay - I'm at a loss to explain what's going on.  I wonder if there is
> a compiler bug.  Can you place the out/rom16.o and out/rom32.o files
> somewhere where I can grab them?  Also, the patch below will help with
> debugging.

Sure:

  http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/m2a-vm/rom16.o
  http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/m2a-vm/rom32.o

These are from the 'with menus' build of seabios.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator