[coreboot] We boot Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (build 7000)

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Jan 12 02:04:54 CET 2009

On 11.01.2009 20:01, Rudolf Marek wrote:
>> I wonder if we could get a "windows 7 certified" seal or some such to
>> put on the wiki?
>
> Hi, its bit more complicated, check:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/hwrequirements.mspx
>
> (check the snapshot)

I think the only requirement that's a bit difficult (conceptually, not
code-wise) right now on the coreboot side (without multiple payloads) is
SYSFUND-0071 sub-item "Provide a mechanism to enable and disable
user-accessible USB ports during POST (enabled by default)."
Some other requirements (SYSFUND-0049,SYSFUND-0050) may need tweaks to
audio codec initialization.
SYSFUND-0070 wants booting from UHCI and OHCI flash drives. I'm not
really sure whether that makes any sense to implement.

Generally, even with libpayload and SeaBIOS there are some things left
before we conform, but it is within reach.

If someone has time to check each requirement and confirm the status,
that would be great. I have to prepare for some more exams, so I'll be
relatively silent for the next few weeks.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/