[coreboot] We boot Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (build 7000)

Wang, Qingpei Qingpei.Wang at amd.com
Mon Jan 12 04:27:31 CET 2009

Is it booted by QEMU? Or real hardware?

Jason Wang
BeiJing Technology Development Center
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)

-----Original Message-----
From: coreboot-bounces at coreboot.org
[mailto:coreboot-bounces at coreboot.org] On Behalf Of Rudolf Marek
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 11:13 PM
To: Coreboot
Cc: Kevin O'Connor
Subject: [coreboot] We boot Windows XP,Windows Vista and Windows 7
(build 7000)

I'm pleased to announce that SeaBIOS and Coreboot can boot (and install)
7 build 7000, which was released as public beta yesterday.

There is also some video taken by mine Cannon G7 camera.

Test platform: Asus M2V-MX SE, 512MB RAM, AMD Sempron on 2GHz.

Moreover I was able to boot/install there Windows Vista (Bussines,
64bit) and
Windows XP.

Most patches are in, there is just one missing which I indicated in the

Kevin, can we sort this out?