[coreboot] We boot Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (build 7000)

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Jan 12 23:15:44 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 04:12:43PM +0100, Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that SeaBIOS and Coreboot can boot (and install)
> Windows 7 build 7000, which was released as public beta yesterday.

Great news!

> Most patches are in, there is just one missing which I indicated in the
> previous email,
> http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-December/043493.html
>
> Kevin, can we sort this out?

I believe the SeaBIOS code is fully synched up with your code.  So, I
guess the only things left are the changes to coreboot.

It would be great if someone could enhance coreboot to have an option
for storing the bios tables in high memory or at 0xf0000.  We've had
to manually hardcode the top-of-ram in the src/arch/i386/boot/tables.c
file - I think this should be automatically done when the appropriate
option is set.

-Kevin