[coreboot] 4 GB RAM failure on DBM690T target (690G/SB600)

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 18:03:17 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a slightly modified DBM690T target to boot my Asus M2A-VM
> (690G/SB600) board.
>
> Booting with 4 GB RAM (2x2) into Linux fails with lots of ACPI errors
> because the ACPI code for DBM690T hardcodes 1 GB of RAM and has the code
> paths for >4 GB commented out.
>
> My attempts to fix this have been unsuccessful.
>
> Was the DBM690T ever tested with 4 GB RAM and did it boot into Linux?

No, It was not tested with that much RAM. The main reason is that it
uses SoDIMMs and is meant for amobile package which would not need >
4GB. I am suprised to hear that the ACPI code is hard coded to 1GB. It
shouldn't be that hard to check TOM and TOM2 to put that information
into the tables. What is the exact failure?

Marc