[coreboot] Newbie task: Coreboot Weekly News?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Jan 21 14:48:45 CET 2009

some of us are following this mailing list and want to contribute, but
the barrier for development is a bit high.

Coreboot would greatly benefit from weekly/monthly writeups which
summarize what happened during the past week/month.
- News outlets have something to link to.
- Summaries for time-constrained people who can't (or don't want to)
keep up with the mailing list.
- Great starting point for journalists who want to write a short blurb
about something cool.
- Raised awareness among a much wider audience.
- Everybody on this mailing list can contribute regardless of coreboot
experience and programming skill.

Listed below are similar weekly/monthly newsletters which I think could
serve as orientation for our own:

PostgreSQL Weekly News:

The irregular Nouveau-Development companion (TiNDC):

It should be noted that keeping a tight schedule is not as important as
releasing a newsletter at all. And with TiNDC, some senior developers
look at the contents before publishing to make sure that no bugs creep
in. That also means it is not a problem if you're not sure about
something. Simply write about it and let the "reviewers" take a look.

On to the possible contents:
- Slightly edited/summarized svn commit messages.
- News entries on the wiki.
- Announcements on the mailing list.
- Larger debates on the mailing list.
- Upcoming events.
- Upcoming documentation/code releases.

We do not need perfect grammar nor a most elaborate style. The text
should be readable and for everything else there's the final

Is anyone interested in participating in that task?