[coreboot] Acer L320 based BIOS

Pál Dorogi pal.dorogi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 10:28:33 CET 2009

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a coreboot-v3 ROM for an Acer L320 (ViiV) box
based on Uwe's Kontron sources.
Finally it's been built due some modifications on the sources (new
target /w different superio etc.).
But, unfortunately I'm a littlebit confused as the kontron's ROM is
based on Core 2 Duo (C2D) CPU,
but mine board just has 1 Core Duo (CD). An other thing I haven't
created a proper static device tree for that config, so I have some
more tasks left on this too.
As I newbie I would like ask you guys what's the next step(s) to get it work.
Unfortunately, that board doesn't have any serial port but USB, but
the USB debug cable is a littlebit expensive for me.
So,I want to be sure that the ROM should come up at least to drive the
on-board VGA for debug output.

The brief details of the board:)
=================================
CPU
=================================
Socket: LGA 775
Supported CPUs (hopefully): Pentium 4, Pentium, D 820/920, Core Duo, Core 2 Duo
Hyper-Threading

533/800 Mhz FSB

=================================
MCH Intel 946GZ
=================================
1 Analog VGA (Intel GMA 3000)
1 SDVO: Not Used (ADD2)
2 of 2 dual channel memory (DDR2) CHA & CHB
0 of 1 PCIex16 for graphics

DMI (Direct Media Interface)

=================================
ICH (I/O Controller HUB) 82801DGH I/O Controller (ICH7)
=================================
1 x PCI Bus
1 x Ethernet LAN (82573L PRO PM (Vidalia) 10/100/1000) on the one
PCI-ex1 Rev 1.0a or 1.1
6 of 8 USB 2
1 of 4 SATA
1 SMBUS 2.0/I2C