[coreboot] SB600 HDA can't find codec fix

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 06:09:52 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Dan Lykowski
<engineerguy3737 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Diff was being silly and I wanted to get the patch posted before I left work
> for the day. I've cleaned up the patch and included it.
> I wasn't able to find where INTA was used so I used what the RPR lists as
> default. INTG. After looking at the mptable, I agree INTA is the correct
> answer. I've corrected it. I used dev_find_slot because I copied from the
> SATA driver. I've added the comment just like the SATA driver has. I don't
> know what the difference is, or why the SATA driver did this.
> The reordering was based on what order things happen in the BIOS Developers
> guide, RPR, and SATA driver. I fixed the order of the devices that didn't
> matter to clean up the change log.
> 1. Enable the Chip
> 2. Setup the SMBus registers
> 3. Setup the Device Registers
> 4. Look for Codec
> 5. Init Codec
> The codec init was changed to match the description in the RRG pg 235.
> Mem Reg: Base + 08h Bit 0. There were unneeded things happening.
> So here is the second try.
> Thanks,
> Dan Lykowski
> Signed-off-by: Dan Lykowski <lykowdk at gmail.com>

This looks good to me. The hda_init looks like it was writing to the
wrong device for the interrupt line setup. It would be good if the the
AMD guys or Carl-Daniel can test and ack it.


More information about the coreboot mailing list