[coreboot] Intel Eagle Height evaluation board support

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Jul 1 04:40:44 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 08:09:05PM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> > That's odd - I didn't think these coreboot options had any impact to
> > SeaBIOS either.  As a guess, coreboot is initializing some hardware
> > only when the CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA option is set.
>
> Yes.  If you don't have CONSOLE_VGA set then the PCI bridge bits don't get
> set to allow the legacy I/O and memory ranges to be mapped.

That's unfortunate - setting CONSOLE_VGA also causes coreboot to try
and write to the vga screen.

I would think coreboot should always configure the legacy PCI bridge
bits and CONSOLE_VGA should just control whether or not coreboot tries
to write to the screen.  (Or, if there is a reason to not configure
the pci ranges, then make it a separate config item.)

-Kevin