[coreboot] Interesting device enumeration problem

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 17:28:57 CEST 2009

> That seems like a defective card but something is strange. Why
> wouldn't it detect the functions when the first function was enabled?

It doesn't probe the other functions when the first function is enabled
because it is not a multi-function device.  It reads that from the config
space and skips to the next slot.

> A PCI cards functions don't have to be related to each other. It is
> legitimate to disable the first function and expect the others to
> work.
Yeah.  That's what I figured.  It was just a pain when it quit working, then
when it decided to work again.  It took a while to figure out what went
wrong.

Thanks,
Myles