[coreboot] coreboot on Asus G1 ... Possible ?

Ivan Barrera A. info at Ivn.cl
Fri Jul 10 16:35:45 CEST 2009

Ivan Barrera A. escribió:
> Hi !
> Ive just joined the mailing list, to see if it is possible to get an
> Asus G1 (laptop) use coreboot.
>
> I recently killed my bios doing some experiments, so i desoldered the
> chip, and put a nice socket. (it is a PLCC32). Also i have the equipment
> needed to program this chip, so no worries there.
>
> Details :
>
> - Laptop : Asus G1 , first revisions. IMPORTANT NOTE: Video card is a
> Geforce Go 7700 512MB, and video bios is integrated as a module in bios
> rom (amibios)
> - Attached lspci outpu
> - No super io chip (it seems)
> - PLCC32 SST49LF004B (49LF004B-33-4C-NH Rev CA, according to specs it is
> lpc/fwh)
> - Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS
> - South Bridge : ICH7 Family
>
> - Bios : http://ivn.cl/software/asus_g1.rom (read with flasrom)

No go for this one :(
Flashed coreboot v2 (kontron), added video rom, adjusted for 512KB.
flashrom didnt work, so i used my programmer with the corresponding
FWH/LPC+ adaptor.

System turned on. Blank screen.

Wasnt able to measure voltages on the chip socket, as my voltimeter
battery died.. so it will be for another time.