[coreboot] Problem jumping to Boot Loader

Jeffrey C. Jacobs jacobs at itd.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Jul 27 16:06:48 CEST 2009

Hello again,

Now that I've got my BIOS booting properly AFAICT, I am running into a
problem when I jump to my Boot Loader.  I get to the adjusted_boot_notes
line, and then my Boot Loader is started, but it gets a memory map error
that I don't understand and fails to load my menu.lst.  This Boot Loader
(FILO ver 0.5) works with an older version of CoreBoot (specifically a
version from when it was called LinuxBIOS) but in my current build does
not seem to work.  You can see my full boot sequence at
http://coreboot.pastebin.com/f4ebea109 -- the relevant lines start at
line 1006:

FILO version 0.5 (me at mymachine.com) Wed Jul 15 13:14:58 EDT 2009
Can't get memory map from firmware. Using hardcoded default.
Press <Enter> for default menu.lst (hda1:/filo/menu.lst), or <Esc> for
prompt... 2 1 timed out
menu: hda1:/filo/menu.lst
Detected floating bus
No drive detected on IDE channel 0

A proper boot should look like this:

FILO version 0.5 (me at mymachine.com) Sun Oct 19 14:32:35 EDT 2008
Press <Enter> for default menu.lst (hda1:/filo/menu.lst), or <Esc> for
prompt... 2 1 timed out
menu: hda1:/filo/menu.lst
hda: LBA48 40GB: IC25N040ATMR04-0
hdb: ATAPI: MATSHITACD-RW  CW-8124
Mounted ext2fs

Has anyone experienced this before?  Any ideas how to get FILO to
recognize the mounted hardware?  I'm guessing it's something I missed in
my CoreBoot modifications since it clearly works in the older version.

Thanks in advance,

Jeffrey.