[coreboot] Original bios as payload

Ivan Barrera A. info at Ivn.cl
Wed Jul 29 16:24:43 CEST 2009

>>> Downside: it requires a serial port (though adding EHCI debug port
>>> support or something like that should be feasible - but "adding"
>>> requires some effort).
>> Aha...
>> I did read about SerialICE, but didnt get anywhere because the laptop
>> doesnt have serial ports. (and havent found one on the board, tho
>> dmidecode names one)
>> I'll get some flash chips and keep looking.
>>
>> Area the minipci/minipcie diagnostic cards useful with coreboot/seabios ?
>>
>> PS : Perhaps the vgarom doesnt work well because it is a PCIe card.
> You won't see anything on VGA because the machine's RAM is not working.
> Which port did you use as a basis for a i965 port? i945? That one comes
> pretty close, but needs a _lot_ of changes, still, before it would come
> close to the point where you can start looking at enabling VGA..

Aha.
However, lspci (and the specs) shows that my board is i945.
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML
and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
(Mobile Intel® 945 PM Express Chipset + ICH7M)

> If you want to experiment with supporting the i965 chipset, I suggest
> you do the following:
>
> * Get a i965 based desktop board first and get that running.
> * Get an Artec LPC Dongle/FlexyICE and a Stuge LPC/PLCC converter.
> http://www.coreboot.org/Artecgroup_programmable_LPC_dongle
> * Get a USB debug device for console via USB
> http://www.coreboot.org/EHCI_Debug_Port

Already have a programmer (lpc/fwh/etc) and think i have a i945 and a
i965 board.
Ill try to get the debug device, and try your suggestions.