[coreboot] [RFC] newbuild branch

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Jul 31 23:34:24 CEST 2009

On 7/31/09 8:11 PM, ron minnich wrote:
> Myles, if we can guarantee that everything keeps working, i.e. there
> is no harm done with Kconfig in the tree, is there any reason not to
> start comitting this Kconfig code?

Yes. It's not good for much yet. Just adding half-finished stuff makes
the code quality decrease.

Or, differently asked: Is there any benefit if we merge before it is
done? Merging when it is done is somewhat the purpose of going through
this concept of merging instead of just committing to a single tree.

> This is how we made the change rom v1 config tool to v2 config tool;
> they were both active in the v2 tree at the same time, and gradually
> the v1 config tool died out.

Well, the problem is missing momentum - and that does not come from
merging. There was momentum when v1 was switched to v2.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613