[coreboot] [patch][v2]:fam10 microcode

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Jun 2 17:57:29 CEST 2009

Hey Marc et al,

I just received a h8dmr box with quad core CPUs (2372HE) and 32GB of ram. I
hacked up an h8dmr-fam10 patch which boots but still has tons of issues. Boot
log here:


First problem is that it complains about not finding the microcode rev id. So
I found the message below - did you ever get around to doing this?

I also modified coreboot a little to print out the CPU version id (0x10042),
which is not yet listed in amd/amdfam10/raminit_amdmct.c. 

A little further down in the log it seems I've got multiple cores talking at
once so that's something else I'll need to figure out.

It does actually get all the way to CBFS, but hangs after loadking the first
stage. There is also some slowness during/after ram detection.

Any hints on where I should look to fix those things would be welcome :)


On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 09:49:42AM -0600, Marc Jones wrote:
> 2009/3/24 Bao, Zheng <Zheng.Bao at amd.com>:
> > Attached are the latest ucode patches for Family 10h:
> >
> > 9fh for RB/BL/DA Rev C;
> > 96h for DR Rev B.
> >
> > Signed-off-by: <zheng.bao at amd.com>
> >
> Acked-by: Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail.com>
> r4028
> I will work up a patch for the fam10 mainboards to use these new
> microcode files.
> Marc
> -- 
> coreboot mailing list: coreboot at coreboot.org
> http://www.coreboot.org/mailman/listinfo/coreboot
> !DSPAM:49ca52c0315921804284693!
Ward Vandewege <ward at gnu.org>

More information about the coreboot mailing list